· A new career in the Health and Wellness industry
· Learn skills beyond just class instructor
· 250 hour advanced Occupational Credential
· Become a “Complementary Alternative Medicine” provider to get medical referrals
· Guide clients in yogic health/wellness practices, complementary to medical settings· Learn the physiology of asanas, pranayama, chakras, nāḍīs, mudras
· Learn a range of yoga styles
· Use the training to enhance your personal health and wellness
You will learn the physiologic benefits of the yoga practices described in the Yoga Sutras, Pradipika. Ancient and modern studies are combined for proficiency in the evidenced-based reasons yoga is a useful health and wellness practice.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM TEACH?
· How to instruct physical yoga movement through: Preparatory poses, risks, alignment, cues, structural integrity, variations, modifications, props, assists, kramas, transitions, counter poses.
· How to apply asana, pranayama, chakras, nāḍīs, mudras as a preventative wellness system to promote wellness and health - considered a “Complementary and Alternative Medicine” (CAM) by the medical industry in the U.S. and prescribed by medical professionals.
· The physiology of yoga’s beneficial wellness effects: fascial release, structural patterning, positive activation of the Vagus Nerve, HRV, respiratory, nervous and cardiovascular systems.
HATHA YOGA STYLES
Physical Yoga Styles: Viniyoga, Ashtanga, Yin Yoga, Core Strength Vinyasa and Fascial Yoga.
Techniques Training/Practice: Includes asanas, pranayamas, mudras, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques including: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques 2) guided practice of them.
Guiding and Teaching Methodology: Demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction. Special needs, wellness & sequencing planning.
Anatomy & Physiology: Fascial release, structural patterning and positive activation of the Vagus Nerve, HRV, respiratory, nervous, digestive and cardiovascular systems.
Yoga Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle: Yoga philosophies, lifestyle and precepts; ethics for yoga teachers relating to teacher-student relationships; teaching yoga as a service; and being beneficial to individuals through yoga. Balancing teaching to Christian students.
Wellness Educator, Aging Populations and Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM): Needs assessment and wellness/sequence design for: age-related issues, imbalance, hypertension, cognition/neuro-plasticity, sleep & mood issues, degenerative connective tissue, injury, stress, inflexibility and other conditions requiring CAM. Working effectively with the medical community.
WHY A WELLNESS EDUCATOR CREDENTIAL FROM OUR SCHOOL?
To prepare yourself for a comprehensive Yoga consulting and teaching practice to serve the growing wellness and CAM referral needs of the future. You’ll learn to be a holistic yoga wellness educator beyond a “yoga class instructor”. You’ll be prepared for workshop, private, online and seminar settings with skills to guide client’s in yogic health and wellness practices - and to work effectively alongside medical professionals. As an alumnus, audit future semesters at no charge.
Marianne Mohr is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT500 with 50 years of yoga experience. She authored the Yoga Wellness Educator curriculum, leads classes and the YA-certified faculty. Our instructors are vaccinated, prefer students to be vaccinated. Masks are optional.
2022 DATES May 14-15, June 4-5 & 25-26, July 16-17, Aug 6-7 & 27-28, Sept 17-18, Oct 8-9 & 29-30
Tuition/Format: $3,900.00 includes materials (except books) and 9 weekend on-site sessions
Hours/ Meals: 9 am - 5 pm daily, bring sack lunch for onsite study, drinks/snacks provided
Scholarship: $1,200.00 reduction if paid by 2/20/2022, email for application
Early Registration Discount: $500 reduction if tuition paid by 1/30/2022
Combine Discounts: Example: $3900 - $1200+$500 = $2200 if paid by 1/30/2022
Minimum Enrollment: If canceled due to lack of enrollment, full tuition is refunded
Payment Methods: Paypal, Venmo, CashApp, cash
No Refunds: unless class canceled
Textbooks: Additional $200-$300 depending on purchase of optional books
Homework: Reading, Facebook group posts and yoga practice = 15 hours between sessions
Missed Sessions/time: Makeup missed hours at $40 per hour. No graduation if >8 hrs missed
Address: Buddha Yoga School of Yogic Arts, 200 MechemDr, Ruidoso, NM 88345
Yoga Alliance: www.yogaalliance.org
Heart of Yoga/Desikachar $16, Teaching Yoga/Stephens $14, Ashtanga/Swenson $22, Key Poses of Yoga/Long $22, Anatomy Trains/Myers $53, Yoga Resource/Rhodes $20, Yin Yoga/Clark $25, Hatha Yoga Pradipika
SCHOOL & LOCATION AMENITIES
Classes are held in the New Mexico mountain resort village of Ruidoso, 1-3 hours from airports in Roswell, El Paso or ABQ. We are a member of Chamber of Commerce and accredited by Yoga Alliance. Our campus is 3,000sf of classrooms and practice area. Groceries, gas, restaurants, lodging are within walking distance.